2 Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness
The 2 Hour Drugs and Alcohol Awareness class provides training for workers on drug and alcohol dependence disorders and how they affect people especially in the workplace. Students will learn the dangers of being under the influence in the workplace and the telltale signs to look for to determine if someone may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The course will cover both the effects of drugs and alcohol use on construction sites and also in personal life.
Drug and Alcohol Training – NYC DOB Requirement (Local Law 196)
Local law 196 introduced new regulations for demolition and construction workers employed in the 5 boroughs that will require them to complete a certain amount of training hours including the 2 hour drug and alcohol awareness course in order to receive a Site Safety Training (SST) card which will allow them to work in NYC. Other requirements include the 30 hour OSHA construction course and the 8 hour fall prevention course.
- 100% attendance for the 2 hour drug and alcohol awareness class
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Upon completion of this drug and alcohol awareness training, the student will be able to:
- Understand that dependence disorders can happen to normal people (erase stigma)
- Describe illicit use of drugs and the effects of drugs and alcohol in workplaces
- Understand the effects of drug and alcohol use in the construction industry
- Describe the impact and effects of drug and alcohol use on construction sites and in personal life.
- Explain various drugs and their effects on the human body.
- Explain relevant information concerning alcohol use and its effects on the human body.
- Understand prevention and control of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Understand adverse synergistic use of drugs along with alcohol